Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Techie Tuesday: Shoparoo


Today I want to share with you all Shoparoo!  I know some of you have heard of it and are avid users, but I never had until yesterday.

I can tell you that within the last 24 hours, my mind was blown over the possibilities this opens for my school.




Shoparoo is a free app for smartphones and tablets that lets anyone turn pictures of shopping receipts into donations to your school.
That is this app in a nutshell.  Collecting Boxtops and Soup labels are a thing of the past.  With this app, all you have to do is take a picture of your receipt.  It doesn't ask for any personal information, and will even allow you to 'blackout' anything you don't want it to see.

Shoparoo uses the information collected from receipts to tell big name companies about trends.  IE:  people who buy this brand of cereal are more apt to buy such and such brand of milk.  Etc.  No personal information.

Each receipt you turn in earns your school (or chosen charity) 'points'.  These points are then converted into dollars.  How easy is that?  You don't have to spend any extra money, and you don't have to collect anything.

When we get back from Fall Break, I'm going to be promoting the heck out of this app.  I don't think there could be a more stress-free way for my school to raise money.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! It's important to me to hear your feedback.